- Our first Algodon Sparkling Chenin Blanc, a very high end sparkling wine (or "espumante") was recently bottled and placed on the Argentine market. This year we will also introduce our first Algodon Sparkling Malbec, and our fist Algodon Sparkling Bonarda.
- New stainless steel wine tanks and an ample amount of additional new French Oak barrels have been added to our arsenal, increasing our capacity significantly. Right now the harvest is in full swing, so these tanks and barrels are already being filled.
- New onsite bottling facilities were also recently added, allowing our winemakers to bottle when desired and when necessary, rather than depending on the availability of external bottling facilities. This will have a significant positive impact on our production capabilities.
- This year’s production will see an increase of 120% over last year's. This is a great positive step forward for our wine business!
- We also anticipate a much larger output of our ultra-fine microvinified wines, in addition to a much larger output of our varietals and blends, including PIMA, Malbec, Bonarda, Malbec/Bonarda Blend, Pinot Noir, Cabernet, Chardonnay and others.
- Algodon's 2009 icon vintage PIMA and our 2009 Malbec/Bonarda Blend were recently awarded Silver Medals and special mentions from the Brazilian international wine competition Vinhos Do Brasil. With over 900 labels competing, only 11 from Mendoza received a gold or silver, and two of those were for Algodon. See the photo below for the formal award notice, and click here for the full awards list.
- We will be introducing our newest ultra-icon wine (whose name will be disclosed at a later date) which will be a blend of six varietals, including those from our 1946 vineyards, and should be available in 2016 when our superb 1946 vineyards celebrate their 70th birthday! This wine will be supreme!
Order Algodon Wines in the U.S. at www.orderwinedirect.com. Type “algodon” in the keyword search field to find us! Save 25% with the promotional code “algoinvestors25”.
- Scott Mathis